1. Katie appeared infallible in math class because she had never gotten a problem wrong.
The word infallible in this sentence means
never wrong - mistaken
wrong - incorrect
2. The tornado annihilated the whole town to the point that nothing was left standing.
The word annihilated in this sentence means
destroyed - saved
created - constructed
3. We could tell by the rotten smell, that something putrid was in our trash can.
The word putrid in this sentence means
ample - alive
rotten - appealing
4. Phyllis felt elated when she won the race.
The word elated in this sentence means
sick - miserable
tired - happy
5. The insidious burglar was able to sneak into the house without being heard or seen.
The word insidious in this sentence means
strong - loud
clumsy - sneaky
6. The voters were so upset about the outcome of the election that a skirmish broke out and the police had to break it up.
The word skirmish in this sentence means
fight - sunshine
hurricane - creature